First Published: July 17th, 2018
The idorecall.com website is owned and operated by I Do Recall, Inc., (
iDR is in the education support business. iDR operates this Website for the purpose of helping students and lifelong learners become more successful by organizing their study materials, build digital spaced-repetition flashcards and ultimately, remember what they learn.
1.Important information and who we are
This Website is not intended for use by minor children. No one under age 13 in the United States, or whatever is considered the legal minor age as defined in the country of your residence may provide any information to or on this Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minor children. If you are of minor age, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If you are of minor age in your country, consider having your parent or legal guardian register an account on your behalf if you wish to use the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a minor child, please contact us at email@example.com.
I Do Recall, Inc. is the controller and responsible for any of your personal data we collect and process through your use of the Website.
Our full details are:
I Do Recall, Inc.
Data Privacy Manager
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 3000 Atrium Way, Suite 260, Mount Laurel, New Jersey, 08054, USA
If you are an EU resident, you also have the right to make a complaint at any time to your local supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the regulator so please contact us at email@example.com in the first instance.
This version was first published on July 17th, 2018.
Our Website includes social media features, such as the Facebook social login button. These features may collect your IP address, information about which page you are visiting on our Website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly, even if you are not signed into your social media account when browsing our Website. Social media features and widgets are hosted by a third party.
Our Website may also include links to third-party websites, plug-ins
We do not control these third-party websites, website features
Our Referral System
When you invite a friend to join
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped
- Identity Data may
includesinformation such as,first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, photo, country of residency, time zone, and date of birth.
- Contact Data may include postal address, email address, PayPal email address, and landline or mobile telephone number.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments that you have made to us or we have made to you.
- Technical Data includes information such
as,internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
- Profile Data includes information such
as,your username and password.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Website and Services, such as the buttons you click on, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
3. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you: register to open an account with us; or
- Content which you upload into your account. When you choose to upload files into your
iDR accountsuch as Word files, PDFs, and image files, you may be uploading personal information into our database.
- Content which you create in your
iDRaccount. When, for instance, you create iDRdigital flashcards (recalls), you may choose to include personal information or images which contain personally identifiable information.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- Contact, Identity and Transaction Data from providers of payment services such as PayPal or Stripe, based outside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as search engines based inside and outside the EU.
Identity, Profile and Contact Data from social networks such as Facebook, based outside the EU, when you log in through your account with such networks, or when you follow, subscribe to, like, or follow our company page on such networks as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or Twitter, all outside the EU or when you otherwise link your
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the services we have offered to provide to
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us at [email protected] if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register you as a new user and as you use the iDR application
(c) Other personal data you may upload or create as you use the iDR application
Performance of a contract with you
To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise)
(c) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To use data analytics to improve our website, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of users for our services, to keep our Website updated and relevant, to develop our business. and to inform our marketing strategy)
You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Third Parties as set out in the Glossary below.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. International transfers
We share our users’ personal data within our company. If you are based in the European Union this will involve transferring your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Many of our external third parties are also based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see EUROPEAN COMMISSION: ADEQUACY OF THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA IN NON-EU COUNTRIES.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see EUROPEAN COMMISSION: MODEL CONTRACTS FOR THE TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between
the Europeand the US. For further details, see EUROPEAN COMMISSION: EU-US PRIVACY SHIELD.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
7. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Data retention
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
When you no longer have an active account with us, such as when a free trial expires or a paid account expires, we erase your data from our primary database 30 days later and 60 days after expiration, your data will be erased from our backup database. You can manually trigger erasure of your data at any time from your Account Profile Page.
If you have any questions or concerns about
9. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to
processingof your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at [email protected]
Notwithstanding your right to contact us at any time at the above email address to exercise your legal rights, you may exercise your legal right to access or correct your personal data by logging into your account on the Website and editing your data in your Account Profile Page. You can review, edit and delete any personal data that you may have included in content that you have either created or uploaded into your account by directly searching for relevant uploaded files and digital flashcards (recalls).
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us at [email protected]
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
- Service providers acting as processors based inside or outside the EU who provide services such as engineering, IT, and system administration services.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based inside or outside the EU who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance
- Regulators and other government authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based inside or outside the EU who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Should you wish to obtain more specific information about any third party recipients of your personal data please contact us at [email protected].
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.